- Clinical Assistant professor psychiatry, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship at Harvard Medical School-Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Board Certified in Adult and Child Psychiatry
- Infant-Parent Mental Health fellowship at Umass, Boston.
- Current Zero to Three Fellow
- Received >10 regional, national, and international awards for academic excellence, teaching, leadership from American Psychiatry Association, American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Association of Directors of Psychiatry Residency Training, and Nishtar Alumni of North America.
- Presented many workshop and posters at regional and national conferences, and published articles and co-authored a book chapter in field of psychiatry
Actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, fellows, pediatricians, psychologists, school staff in US and in Pakistan
Both these speakers will be speaking at our annual summer meeting in New Jersey in July this year to coincide with the APPNA meeting. We are also looking at ways to expand our outreach of mental health to underserved communities and it is a work in progress. Presently we are holding regular webinars on psych issues and DR Abbasi has been our speaker and various topics have been discussed. This will continue for the rest of the year.